In our earlier posts, we talked about the Mohawk Options and Navajo papers in detail and how they improved printing results on uncoated paper. Now you can see just how well these papers print with the release of Mohawk’s latest Maker Quarterly #6, which poses the question, “What impression do you want to make?”
The content of past Mohawk Makers has been thought provoking and informative, but we have to say Mohawk really hit it out of the park with this issue. It’s a good read from cover to cover. Topics explored are:
- The reality that is formed by positive, memorable impressions.
- How technology and new devices affect our ability to store, backup and playback electronic files and the impact it may have on the future of permanence. (After reading this article we are tempted to print out every single photo saved on our hard drives!)
- How senses and emotions help us store and recall memories.
- Studio on Fire: A closer look at the work of this Minneapolis letterpress printer
- A mid-century enthusiast’s dream: The timeless library of collector Dave Cuzner showcasing designs created from the 50’s to 70’s.
The visual content…well, take a look at these spreads. The printing is clean, razor sharp and the colors are deep and saturated. Once you get this in your hands, you are going to question whether or not this is an uncoated paper. And we assure you, it is. Copies are available in our sample department.
To show how print and technology merge beautifully, Mohawk developed the Mohawk Live app (icon shown on bottom of photo). Download the app to your device here, hover the device over the Mohawk Live icon and a video will pop up. In the case above, you will see a demonstration on how Calico Wallpaper makes their stunning wall coverings by hand. Examples of augmented reality are peppered throughout the publication for a deeper look into the topics.
Tucked inside each Maker Quarterly is a letterpress poster designed by Studio on Fire printed on the toothy and hefty Options Vellum 130# cover. There are three different poster version so you never know which one will you will get. The trick will be to collect all three!
Like what you see? Need an easy way to stay current on paper? You can subscribe to our blog at the top of this page and receive updates automatically.